I have been helping to educate and assist clients with their insurance needs for nearly three years now. While comfortable with both under 65 (Marketplace) and Medicare (Over 65) products, my initial field of study was Life Insurance. I also have an experienced knowledge of fixed annuities, typically those intended to prepare for retirement or help to pass inheritance from one generation to the next.
I started with the Mair Agency in 2017.
In college I studied psychology and criminal justice and have worked, in the past, in several different fields. I served in the United States Army as a combat team leader stationed at Ft. Drum. I have worked in Medical equipment supply (DME) and even done some food service and catering work, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I am currently certified and licensed to practice Health and Life insurance in North Carolina. Prior to moving to this great State, I practiced in Florida with similar licensing. I settled on the Insurance industry after watching the effects of not having health insurance protection financially destroy someone very close to me. It has been my goal since to educate those willing to listen and to provide sensible, affordable options to those people I can help.
While I am not at the office I enjoy time with my family and my hobbies, which include playing billiards and target shooting. As an American Poolplayers Association member, I spend a couple nights a week at High House Billiards in Cary. I also enjoy doing home projects including remodeling-I am starting to feel like Home Depot is a second home! I love to cook and so prefer to make meals for the family and friends at home whenever possible. However, should the occasion present itself, I love a nice Hibachi restaurant like Kanki or Benihana.
Possibly the most common questions I have encountered in the office with MAIR would be:
- What plans are available in my area and what do they cost? (under and over 65)
- When can I change my plan? What is an SEP? (Over 65 / Under 65)
- If I only go to the doctor once or twice a year is there a more affordable plan that makes sense for me? (Under 65)
Prior to working with MAIR:
- I’m healthy…I should wait to start paying for life insurance, right? (All Ages)
- How much life insurance is enough for me? (All ages)
- What’s the best way to pass my inheritance on to my grandchildren? (Typically, over 65)