While Medicare does pay for many medical expenses, it can leave you with costly out-of-pocket expenses for copays and deductibles. If you’d like to protect your health and financial future, it’s wise to enroll in a Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina or Blue Cross NC Medicare Supplement Plan. By doing so, you can save up to 20 percent on your health related expenses. To be eligible for this plan, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are 65 and older and eligible for Medicare or under 65 and qualify for Medicare because of a disability.
- You enroll within 6 months of enrolling in Medicare Part B.
- You are not eligible for Medicaid
- You are a resident of North Carolina.
The Blue Cross NC Medicare Supplement Plan F is a popular plan you may consider. When you choose this plan, you can expect:
- Basic benefits including 100% Part B coinsurance.
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance.
- Part A deductible.
- Part B deductible.
- Part B Excess (100%).
- Foreign travel emergency.
The high deductible version of the standard Plan F is another option. It will require you to pay all out-of-pocket expenses for the first $2,240 in charges. Once that’s paid, your plan will kick in and start paying its portion of the coverage. This plan may be right for you if you are hoping to keep your premiums low while avoiding serious financial risk.
Call The MAIR Agency Today
It can be difficult to determine which plan is right for your particular health needs and financial situation. For assistance with choosing the right Blue Cross NC Medicare Supplement plan for you, we encourage you to call the MAIR Agency today at 855-487-2583.